Top Ten Time Management Tricks for Realtors
One of the top struggles for real estate agents is effective management of their time. This misuse of time is tragic because not only does one typically not achieve their financial and professional goals but they usually feel stressed as they don’t know how to turn things around and therefore it also affects their level of fulfillment and overall enjoyment of life.
In this week’s tip, we have listed the Top 10 Management Tricks for Realtors:
1. Turn off the e mail: check three times per day at the most.
2. Use call back times, don’t answer your phone every time.
3. Do a pipe line review once per week (twice when it is hairy)
4. Time Block everything in Act/outlook and print your calendar every day.
5. Tuesday update calls to your clients, the other agent and title company when needed.
6. Thursday TBD calls to all persons involved in your transactions.
7. Double the time, tell your client it is twice as long as you were quoted.
8. Move you start time up 30-60 minutes for a while.
9. Call back order: New leads first, referral sources second, current deals third, co-workers fourth, friends and family when you go home.
10. Learn to say “NO” Nobody wants a yes man who cannot deliver; we must manage our clients expectations as a time management and stress management technique.
Now is a great time to point out there is no one who is perfect at time management. We all have room for improvement so it isn’t about winning or failing it is about taking an honest assessment of where you currently are and taking action steps in the right direction.
REMEMBER: Don’t try to implement all the Top 10 Management Tricks for Realtors at once or you will defeat the purpose. Take 1 or 2 that really resonate with where you currently are. Be diligent with this process and within 3-6 months you will be amazed at how much you get done in a day and how fulfilled and at peace you feel.
P.S. Today is Saturday and I just wanted to let you know that if you have a client that you want to close still on October 15th I can make that happen for you! I can do a loan application over the phone this weekend at (832) 887-1300 or they can APPLY HERE.